Saturday, January 30, 2010

True Friends

True friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
I'm dedicating this post to all my true friends out there. To show my appreciation for them, who always be there for me, understand my mood-swings and quirkiness, gone through all those up and downs of life with me all this while, no matter what.




True friends are hard to find. Once you found them, never take them for granted. I won't describe my friends as gems, because gems you can buy, but friendship is priceless. So, once you lose your friends, it's a loss you'll never be able to recover. You can have a thousand of people around you, but nothing can fill the emptiness like a true friend.

I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you.
-Ann Richards
The above quote has already emphasized on the power of friendship. Your enemies has nothing on you, but once a friend decide to turn their back on you, it is the end for you. Your friend may did exactly the same thing as your enemy, but the wound is a thousand times more hurtful, as it comes from someone you placed your trust on. Even more when they said they would back you up, but end up leaving you hanging there all alone.

I believe in karma. What goes around, comes around. I believe in the golden rules, "treat others the way you want to be treated." I don't trust people easily. Therefore I value my friendship deeply. (Okay, did I just made it sounds like a poem? Unintentional, but cool!) I'm not perfect, I do speak a little too frankly at times, which somehow may offend people who don't know me well enough. But I try to stick to my words, stand to what I believe in, and be nice to others. As I hope they will do the same to me. Isn't that the basic of friendship? It's a two way relationship, you have to give and take.

As times goes by, we tend to grow apart, walking to each of our own path's in life. But that's not a reason to call it quit. It's a modern world. With one click, we can connect to anyone anywhere anytime. Just spend five minute of your day, to rekindle your relationship with your friends. Keep up with their news. Listen to them. Talk to them. Just like the old days.

To Nurafeera (Fee), Izzatun Nadia (Eja) & Soneea Ezza (Dolly), sorry that I've gone M.I.A. for a while. I was busy with the events going on in my campus, as I told you. But now that it's over, we can go back to our routine of Yahoo! Messenger Conference and plan our next meet. (which will be, err, next Aidilfitri?).

To Nurul Farhana (babu ku tersayang!), you need to bribe me with your mom's cheesecake. Haha! Kidding! (But that would be a plus though!) I'll hang out at your place soon. That's a promise!

To Kristine Emmanoelle (Bunga Krisantimun), since it's you who left me for UiTM Perak to be with your beloved, I should be the one sulking. No more 7.30pm dinner date with you in Cafe A. No more daydreaming about your future career as a top wedding photographer. And both our DiGi Yellowman hate us, keep on disconnecting on us when we chat. Sigh. Maybe yours too fat to ride the airplane. Haha. Never mind! We need to keep pushing our lazy fat yellowman to connect! Alright?

To Kimberly Jacqueline (Rugayah Puspawangi), Alia Bee (Kalsom Dara) & Fareeza (Maimunah), well, you three, all I can say is "Hidup Orang Kampong!".

And Mr Hafiq Arief (Panjang! Gile lama x guna name tu!), despite you being a desperate person and constantly having girl troubles, you are a good friend who always there for me especially when I have my boy troubles. Haha. We are each other best rebound, I guess. I'll see you next time I stop by KL, okay?











P.S. : Fiq, aku malas nak letak gambar ko sebab ko poyo! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. wah pepatah yg sgt2 menarik..hehe
    i agree with u..frens jugak yg kill ourself without notice..so just be carefull n try not to terlalu close..very2 close..
    dari ctu our kelemahan akn tertonjol..

    ReplyDelete