Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello there!

I had a blog before, but due to personal inconvenience (in other word: laziness) I stopped updating them. I switched to Tumblr because I can see a lot of pretty photos, and all I need to do is just reblogging others.

However, the recent events in my campus inspired me to return to the blogging world. After all, a blog is like an online journal, a place where you can celebrate the personal liberty that the laws (in most nations) has given us. It's a place where you can express your feelings, your thoughts, your opinions on any subject matters. You can share your experiences or your stories. Basically, you can do anything you want on your blog, as long as you obey the netiquettes, and do not cross the thin boundary line between freedom of speech and instigating, which may lead to public disorders.


So, knowing my own rights and the law in my beloved country, Malaysia (as I have already read the whole Federal Constitution, and some of the laws) I won't put my liberty to waste. It's my right! I don't need a reason, nor explain anything to anyone about anything (unless required by the authority or the law). And my words cannot be used against me if it doesn't cross the laws in my country. If someone decided to use them against me, for blackmail or to shame me, by right, I'm allowed to sue them.

Yes, that's right. We CAN sue them. The damage for them will be much higher than to me. The immature and irrational culprit(s)'s credibility will be damaged. They may lose their job or be expelled from school. They have to pay me for the psychological and reputation damage they done. Not forgetting, they'll be the one paying the legal fees. Ah, revenge is sweet. However, that should only be the last resort, we should be more mature when it comes to handling this situation. In short, be the bigger person. After all, is it really worth it to put yourself as low as them?

Ah, the law. No one is sovereign from the law. Not even our royalties. Knowledge on the law is absolutely a great thing. I definitely made the right decision to switch to my current course. Those 3 months wait was not a waste at all.

Oh, I probably won't update this blog much, due to my own laziness, and my tendency to write long posts. But I'll make sure everything will be worth reading.

That's all I have to say (for now!). So, be sure to come and check for more!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. Aqilah i've known since a lil brat, has grow up to be a mature person..

    say hi to Intan and your parent for me..

    ::D::

    ReplyDelete