Saturday, February 20, 2010

Melaka

I think you're great, and Im'ma let you finish, but Kota Kinabalu has the best Ikan Bakar.


From the headlines, you maybe get some ideas that I didn't enjoy my one night stay in Malacca.

You're right.

So, we arrived at the hotel around 2pm. After checking in, placing our bags in our room, we head back out to the city. According to the GPS, its takes only 15 minutes drive from our hotel. As usual, Baba drove as I sat next to him, while Mom at the backseat.

Sometimes later during the drive, I managed to dozed off and dreamed pretty weird stuff. Can't remember what it was now, but I remember it's weird, even for my normal standard. When I opened my eyes, I see buildings and cars, I thought we're near already, and I only fell asleep for a few minutes.

But when I glance at the analog clock on the dashboard, it's already 45 minutes since we left the hotel! And the Eye on Malaysia my mom wants to go to was no where in sight. And about half an hour later, we finally see the giant ferris wheel. It was at the harbour. Unfortunately for her, it was closed that day.

Never mind that. I wasn't really looking forward to ride it anyway. So, we went to Jonker Walk which fortunately is just nearby. As soon as Baba find a place to park the car, we walked there. The problem with travelling with parents, or at least soon-to-be-retired parents, is that they don't walk much. They get tired easily. Well, my mom lah. My dad is pretty fit for his age.

So, I think we walked around half an hour or so, before we sat at a stall serving cendol. Mind you, half an hour is more than enough for my mom to find something she likes and buy. 

So, we went back to the hotel, which took another half an hour.

At night, an old friend of my mom took us for dinner at a place called Pernau. Well, at least I think it's called Pernau. Its a big outdoor food court selling Ikan Bakar. Mr Teh ordered lots of fish and prawns. And octopus. I only ate the fish and prawns, but a whole lot of them! Mr Teh keeps on placing them on my plate and says "You still young, you can eat a lot." I, of course, was unable to refuse him, and keeps on munching on those seafoods.

By the end of the dinner, I feel bloated. I feel like a balloon. Which someone blows till its maximum. I feel like a pregnant lady, instead of a fetus in her tummy, its gigantic prawns. 

I wanted to just rest my head on the pillows when we reached back to our hotel. But Hafiq was bugging me about wanting to meet me. The bugger. Won't leave me alone. So, I agreed to meet him only at the hotel lobby. And what's his first word to me? No, not "Hello" or "Hi" of any sort. It was "Babi!". Yes, I missed you too Hafiq Arief a.k.a. Panjang yang poyo dan macam sial! Thankfully, her girlfriend was sweet enough to cover for his jerkiness. He took us somewhere for a drink. We talked for a bit, before they sent me back to the hotel as it's already late.

I went to the hotel and sleep. That's the end of the first day in Malacca.

How did I begin the second day? 

By puking in the toilet at the wee hours.

I didn't tell my parents at first. Because I thought its just I had a little too much to eat. So, after I cleaned up the toilet a bit, I went back to sleep. I didn't made much noise, so my parents were still soundlessly (except for Baba, he snores) asleep.

The next morning, I was still feeling a bit nauseated. But I kept it to myself. Baba already went to golf when mom and I woke up. He left the car key and GPS, so that we can entertain ourselves. We went to the Mini Malaysia/Mini Asean museum. But it cost RM15 per entry, and we even need to pay RM3 for the camera. Mom asked if I want to go in, but I was already feeling sick, so I said no.

Then, Mom wanted to go to Mahkota Parade. Same as the day before, the traffic was terrible.

And something occured. Something I deserve an award for. Any award. Best act/performance. Or at least, Best Spontaneous Act. I deserve to be in Guiness' Book of Records for what I did. I deserve a plat of recognition.

Made you wonder, didn't I? It's actually not as fanciful as I made it sound. On contrary.

Have you ever, seen your breakfast and dinner again, while driving in a heavy traffic.

No, right? I did. And I was all dressed up. 

Everything pretty much goes on like that. Even after we reached back to Kuala Lumpur that evening.

Me. Vomit. Puke. Vomit. Puke. Gag.

Great Trip, Malacca. Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed.

    You've learned what I've come to tolerate (or maybe not so) in Melaka.
    - Panas nak mampos
    - Traffic (esp on a weekend) is just... ugh.

    Which hotel did u stayed in btw?

    ReplyDelete